Moodmanagement with essential oils
Today I am feeling…
Every day we are confronted with new and different settings that can influence our mood. Things that happen during work, family and friends or just the normal daily habits can change our moods. Moodmanagement is often a good solution. This is where essential oils can have a huge impact. They can support our body and mind and help us to cope with our different moods.
Essential oils can influence our moods and the way we are feeling. Citrus oils are for example good to enhance our mood. DoTerra created different oil blends, especially formulated to help us with our mood swings. Here we want to show you 4 of them. These 4 oil blends are very potent and cover a diverse range of topics related to our moods.
Oil blends for our moods
Citrus Bliss: the invigorating blend
This blend holds energizing and refreshing properties that can uplift our mood. Additionally it can reduce stress and purifies the air. Ingredients are: Wild Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Grapefruit Peel, Mandarin Peel, Bergamot Peel, Tangerine Peel, Clementine Peel essential oils and Vanilla Bean Absolute.
- Cleanses the air
- Helps reduce stress and uplifts mood
- Positively affects mood with energizing properties
- Diffuse to help lift mood
- Put 1 drop on your wrist and rub both wrists together for a positive mood
- dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a massage
It’s fresh and sweet scent makes ist perfect for diffusing it in your office or at home.
Elevation: the joyful blend
This blend is ideal to elevate your mood, promote feelings of confidence, and increase your energy. Ingredients are: Lavandin Flower, Tangerine Peel, Lavender Flower, Amyris Bark, Clary Sage Flower, Hawaiian Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Ho Wood Leaf, Osmanthus Flower, Lemon Myrtle Leaf, and Melissa Flower essential oils.
- Elevates mood and increases vitality
- Energizing, refreshing aroma
- Promotes a revitalizing environment
- Diffuse to promote feelings of self-worth while also helping to lessen restless feelings
- Rub it over your heart, temples, or wrists to elevate mood and promote vitality.
- After a long, stressful day, take a bath with a few drops of Elevation to help lessen feelings of stress
These 2 blends are very helpful during stressy days or hard times. They create a positive mood and environment.
Balance: the grounding blend
Because of it’s warm and woody scent and aroma this blend creates a sense of calm and harmony. Ingredients are: Spruce Leaf, Ho Wood, Frankincense Resin, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus Flower essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Promotes a whole-body sense of relaxation
- helps to ease anxious feelings
- Evokes feelings of tranquility and balance
- begin your day by putting Balance on the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of calmness and tranquility throughout the day
- apply to your wrists, neck or soles to help ease anxious feelings
- Diffuse to create a calming, soothing environment
Balance is also a very effective blend for children. It can help them to sleep and relaxe better and to overcome stress.
Serenity: the restful blend
Serenity is the blend that calms our senses and supports a good night’s sleep. Ingredients: Lavender Flower, Cedarwood, Ho Wood, Ylang Ylang, Marjoram Leaf, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver Root, Vanilla Bean Absolute, Hawaiian Sandalwood.
- promotes relaxation and a restful sleeping environment
- calms emotions and lessens tensions
- calms the mind, soothes the senses
- Diffuse at night for a calming environment
- Apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime
- Add 2–3 drops into a warm bath to relaxe
- Apply 2–3 drops to the back of the neck for feelings of peace
Serenity is not only available as the oil blend, there are also softgels, which contain 120mg of the blend. The softgels are very good in combination with the oil blend.
The oil blends mentioned above are very effective and helpful. There is not one oil blend for the exact situation- often we have to try which one supports us the best. Every body reacts different and on some days for example citrus bliss scents nice and on other days elevations scents better. We just have to give them a try and often we have to trust our gut feeling.
Moodmanagement is something we can learn and get better in every day. Essential oils have an impact on our body and our moods and they can actively support our well beeing.
Do you want to learn more about essential oils? Click here and read more!
You want to purchase essential oils? Click here for our webshop!